4 story building, 11 residential units
Client: East NY Urban Youth Core
Project value: $2 Million
Project Completion: 2009
- Gut rehab that saved costs & environmental footprint by keeping the main staircase, structural wall, & 60% of beams.
- Installed energy efficient building systems, windows, appliances, & fixtures.
- Replaced all building infrastructure including plumbing, electrical, ventilation, walls, floors, roof, masonry, carpentry, & basement slab.
- Changed apartment layouts to make them more functional & efficient.
- Reworked the baseline schedule to incorporate value engineering, unexpected work, & factor lead times to minimize risk of delays & maintain cost control.
- Result: Affordable modern apartments that did not increase the rent for residents.